Saturday, July 30, 2011

Every 6 Months





I often ask myself why I still have this thing. I may have over used it the first 2 years and now find myself blogged out. But alas here I am again with our 6 month check in. I would have made an update sooner but it wasn't till about 3 months ago that I learned how to put Hudson down.

Hudson Daniel Fey made it safe and sound into the world almost 6 months ago. He came a few days early but nice and easy. I was surprised to be laying in bed on February 15 and feel my water break and then go into labor. Never expected it to happen the movie way. However, easy, is a relative term, I still gave birth and to this day feel the effects of delivering a child. It's clear that somethings will never be the same! That's a topic I could write about for days, "All The Things Mom's Claim to Forget, or Intentionally Never Mention About Becoming A Mom!" But that sweet little boy brought this deep deep feeling into my life that I had never felt before. There's definitely a need for that feeling, the wee hours of the morning frantically call upon that deep feeling to help in balancing out the other emotions (exhaustion, frustration, helplessness you name it....).

From day 1 the word I use to describe Hudson is sweet. Dan would ask me, what do you mean by sweet, and I would answer I don't know he's just sweet. It's the first word that pops into my mind when I see my mini Dan.

Well I think it's official, I'm a Mom! My perfume consists of a hint of baby vomit mixed with a little acidic poop. My work-outs involve carrying and feeding Hudson. My wardrobe is anything comfortable! My sleep pattern resembles that of a new born, with whopping 3 hour stretches! 90% of my thoughts each day are about Hudson, 50% of that being about how to get him to sleep better! I spend most of my day talking or singing to Hudson every little thing that we are doing. And the poor kid doesn't even realize that every time he smiles at me when I am jabbering to him, it just encourages me to keep going. And my I-phone is proof of just how truly obsessed with him I am, is 10 pictures a day of you laying on your back to excessive. I'll apologize now for all the pictures I have of you alone, I haven't quite firgured out the right positioning to capture your mom in the picture with you!

I am slowly trying to balance back out my life, my poor Husband, whom I have to say from an UNBIASED opinion is one of the best Dad's around! 2 months ago I started to learn how to cook again, I forgot how to while I was pregnant and wasn't able to learn again till after the first couple months of Hudson's life. OOPS! It didn't help that Dan is a fabulous cook so I actually preferred him cooking! Despite all of the things that I go through on a daily basis that confirm I am Hudson's mother I still find myself wondering when his parents are going to come get him, I can't believe he's mine!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Okay, I'm dying here. I don't know why that 1st picture has me smiling from ear to ear!!! What is he sitting in? He looks so giant!
Welcome to motherhood! You are doing a great job!!!
PS- Please update this more often for your poor sister-in-law who isn't on Facebook and doesn't get to see the little guy very often. Or at least send me one weekly picture via text!
Miss you guys!

kc said...

And every 6 months, I look forward to hearing about what our little Fey Feys are up to! Hudson is one lucky kid to have the two of you as parents!!

Wendy Pippin said...

I miss that little stinker.

Jodi said...

I love it Kris! You sure captured all the feelings of being a Mom. Love the description of the perfume! You are such an amazing Mom, and you are definitely not alone in all of your feelings of motherhood. Tough job, but somehow those little stinkers are worth it! Love you!

Jeremy said...

Adorable Hudson. Love that kid!

Dana Boehm said...

Finally, a blogpost! What does a girl have to do to get pictures of her nephew these days?

linnie said...

You have updated your blog! I love it! Great photos! You are a great mom! Great description of motherhood. Would be nice to have a manual-but every mom develops her own mom-child relationship. Hudson is so blessed to have you and Dan as parents! Love you!