Sunday, January 2, 2011

Oh the Places You'll Go!

I'm sure some of you have lost sleep wondering where we have been for the past year, but wonder no longer were back to sum up 2010! And as the old saying goes "A picture is worth a thousand words". So to spare you a thousand words I'll let you in on quit the complex idea!



"We are" or should I say "I am" having, a little boy in the middle of February! I still haven't figured out the appropriate way to say that, because all though it takes two tango the rest, I have come to find out, is a solo dance something like the macarena until he makes his debut! I would hate to give credit where credit isn't due!

And as far as the overall year of 2010, it was good. Filled with a few more changes and adjustments than I usually like to face in one year. I remember at the beginning of 2010 talking to Dan about a few of the things that would lead to some changes and preparing myself mentally for the idea of change. But then I found myself in deja vu on new years eve as I thought about the even bigger life changes of 2011. I'm not real good at change. Every year I have to spend some time prepping myself for possible changes in the upcoming year. Self talk if you will. Needless to say during the 2010 mental prep the idea of adjusting to a little boy hadn't yet settled in my mind, I guess that is the point of the 9 month gestational period. The mental prep of past years doesn't quit compare to the amount of mental prep I am going to have to squeeze in this year. I felt so prepared to be a mom up until the day I realized I was expecting, which came about two months after actually finding out I was pregnant. I find myself most days walking in a daze, similar to how I felt right before I got married. I think both of these dazed phases have served the same purpose in my life, it keeps me a little out of it so I don't have to try and fully comprehend what's about to happen. But needless to say were excited for this little guy! He can take as much time as he needs to come out though, his soon to be parents still need some prep time!

11 comments:

The Chappells said...

hahah I love the annual blog post. So worth the wait! Your picture made me giddy. Don't worry about the adjustment because it comes whether you like it or not. Seriously if Saylie has been able to survive and at some points, thrive, then baby boy Fey is in for a blessed life! Oh I can't wait to meet him!!! Keep the pics coming and for your own benefit write EVERYTHING down. I seriously can barely remember things deemed "unforgettable" by public...such as childbirth. hhahaha I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! HAppY New YEar!

Katie said...

Yeah your back! (It's not like I don't get to see you in person), but I do like reading about your thoughts! Yes, having your first baby IS an adjustment, but you guys are going to be FABULOUS!!!
I too can't wait to meet the little guy! He's going to be so stinkin cute!

Tia and Cam said...

you look dang good! super cute :) you sound like you are how I imagine I will feel... and you make being in a daze sound kinda nice!! you've got an exciting 2011 coming to ya. are you gonna name him "tia"? just askin. love you!!

kc said...

You really look so cute, Kris!! I wish we still lived there so I could see you in person. We'll have to come out soon to meet this baby boy. We miss you guys. Love you!

Mandagirl said...

Wow, a post! How exciting and the soon arriving change is exciting too. Love the belly shot.

Jodi said...

Yeah, you'll have to pick up the blog action with the little guy because I'm going to want to see pictures of him regularly. Blog or FB... you pick.:) Really CANNOT WAIT for this little guy to arrive. You guys are going to be awesome parents. It's always an adjustment and probably more than you can imagine, but not as hard as you think. The sleepless nights are rough, but when you wake up to a sweet little baby that you love, you are reminded that it's a small sacrifice and the reward of being a mother and seeing your child grow always outweighs the sacrifices involved. I have to remind myself of that now!!:) Love you so much!

Jodi said...

By the way, you do look awesome!

The Dotter Family said...

I am so excited you are back!!!!! I really enjoy getting to read yours and katie's blogs since we don't see you often. I know you will be busy with being a mommy but we would love to see some pictures once your sweet baby arrives:)

linnie said...

I am really late in catching your update!! Cute photo!! Little boy Fey is so lucky to come to such a great family!! Love you!

BreAnne Kavanagh said...

Hey! I'm so glad I checked your blog randomly....congrats!! I'm sure you're about to have your little boy here any day. It's such an exciting time and the best experience in the world. Just remember...the first three months or so are the hardest. It gets better with every stage :) Can't wait to see pics.

Robyn Welcker said...

Holy crap I'm soooo happy for you your beautiful! So glad you finelly posted! I've missed you You are such a sweet heart never change!