Monday, August 29, 2011

The latest Momma Drama......

When your a stay at home mom and life becomes a little mundane sometimes you have to pretend like the little events in your life are more dramatic than they are to spice up your life. I would consider this morning of mine very productive, started off with a jog(the speed of most peoples walks) which of course was instigated by Dan(thanks husband for the motivation), came home put Hudson down in the other room with some toys and turned on Mickey Mouse Club House in-case he got bored of the toys(whenever I leave him in the family room by himself I feel like I have to put on a cartoon to give him some company... odd I know) and then I headed in the kitchen to make breakfast for Dan and I, something gourmet like scrambled eggs. Dan left for work and I headed up stairs to give Hudson a bath. This is when the drama started. I'm walking into my bedroom with Hudson on my hip and bam knocked his head right into the door. What a stupid Mom. Feeling horrible I grab his binky and blankie and hold him and apologize repeatedly with tears in my eyes till he stops crying. I then proceed to giving him a bath and see that a knot has formed on the side of his head... this makes me feel even more sick(I call Dan, My Mom, and Wendy, to help console me and talk me through it). It's now 10:00am and its time for his nap. I lay him down swaddle him (don't worry only one arm swaddled) and give him his binky and walk out. A few minutes later he begins to cry... so I go in to give him his binky and find him still swaddled but on his stomach. (he's been rolling for about 2 months but I guess he's now figured out how to roll swaddled). I turned him back over and re-did the one arm swaddle. The scenario repeats itself, but this time I decide to go in and un-swaddle him to see if he can manage going to sleep without it. Once again the crying begins so I go back in this time with a genius Mom idea! How about I swaddle him NO ARMS.... So I get back out the swaddle blanket and just swaddle his lower half, meanwhile as my light bulb is turned on bright and shinny in my head, he looks at me like Mom you really have no idea what your doing, do you. Well 3 minutes of crying (it felt like 15 minutes as I sat there watching the clock) I peep in to find him fast asleep on his side. THAT'S WHAT WE CALL A MOM SUCCESS, just rolling with the punches!!

So there you have it, the Momma Drama of this morning! Please don't judge me for anything above, Hudson's expression was spot on, I really have no idea what I am doing, but I can tell you I'm trying my best.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh Kris, I love you! You're such an awesome Mom. I've seen it first hand, so I know. I've bonked kids heads before like that as well. And you're right--none of us know what we're doing. I still feel bad for my kids that they have to put up with me and all my imperfections on a daily basis. But you're also right that we're all just doing the best we can. And hopefully with flexible and loving children, and the help of the big guy upstairs, that's enough.

linnie said...

Kristi, you are great Mom! I'm still learning how to be a Mom. I don't know how long it may take. Love you!

The Chappells said...

I see nothing wrong with that story! You sound like a pro! So ready to adapt and think on your feet. When you drop your child face first on a driveway...then we can talk. Yup true story, so if you are feeling bad about yourself just tell yourself, "self, you are doing better than Jenny did!" he is so cute and one lucky little bugger!

Wendy Pippin said...

so many moments of sadness & hurt I have caused & some of those on accident...a couple were punishment. Love you sis. Like all my sisters & mom you are AN AMAZING MOM...to your baby & mine 2.

Dana Boehm said...

Yes, I've been there on the inadvertent head bonk (even when they get older, they quite frequently don't see that wall coming -- perhaps feeling safe in their mother's arms?). What a terrible feeling.

Kaylie and Garrett said...

This is the best! I hurt my children all the time! And now I cry when I am not aware enough to stop Hunter from hurting Emett (how can I be so silly to have Hunter bring a book with all four corners near Emett's head without one of those corners stabbing him?)? Oh... they'll survive. (And I think I might steal your bottom-swaddle idea--genius!)