Friday, September 19, 2008

Hmm what to blog about...

Still internetless at the apartment so these blogs will continue to be pretty boring. I'll try to spice things up in the writing! It seems that Dan and I are either busy at school or busy on the intramural fields! Dan is determined to win one of those t-shirts so he has taken up two sports this semester, softball and football, along with his 17 credits! I thought his dream of the t-shirt was shattered after his first football game when he came out mid half due to a tweaked hamstring. But he proves healed after his softball game last night when he was all over the outfield. He was nominated MVP after last nights game do to the amount of grass stains he acquired on his white shorts while diving for balls! I think Dan's Dad helped to put an extra hop in Dan's step because I have never seen him perform at the level he did! So theres a quick update so that I don't keep having flashbacks of my horrible day every time i check out the feyway,oh and here's a quick story that I just heard this morning that had me giggling to myself all through class.

Many of you know that we referr to my dad as the bird man! He has this "talent" of bird whispering, matter of fact it seems that every creature on earth is naturally drawn to him but he has a special knack with birds. Whenever us kids wanna know where dad is as it we inevitably can peer out the window and catch him out side either stocking up the bird feeders, searching through trees for the newest bird nest, or testing the temperature of his heated bird bath, with a string of grandchildren following behind! He has the most fascinating bird stories, but this one by far tops them off. Forgive me cause I didn't hear this story straight from the source so it could be butchered, but it's to great not to be shared. From what I hear Dad was asleep the other night and awakened by a noise. He opens his eyes to see a wild bird perched on his knee. So Dad, who hates being awakened, goes down stairs grabs a net and pushes the bird into the closet to catch him. Sure enough he caught that thing in the net, from what I hear he was a little nervous he hurt it but I have seen my dad maneuver wild birds before and those delicate hands I know couldn't of fazed that bird! I thought that kind of stuff only happened to Snow White or possibly Cinderella, but boy was I wrong. I love you Dad your the best!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Gotta love Dad! Good story. I'd heard about the bird in the room, but didn't get the catching story. Maybe Cooper was screaming during that part!

Tell Dan, nice job on the fields! Wow! He's an overachiever. 17 credits and 2 intramural sports?! That'll keep you busy.

Wendy Pippin said...

oh deano...what a riot. I just love that guy, i love the fact that he was scared or startled (until he thought "hmmm maybe it's a bat").

Anne Woods said...

Hey Kristi,
I miss those intramural sports! How fun to go watch your hubby!

I am just glad it happened to your dad and not me!

linnie said...

Dad does love his birds-just got a new camera with a zoom lens to get better photos of the birds eating from the feeder.