Monday, September 29, 2008

Finally!

I have been craving roasting marshmellows ever since I left wendys three weeks ago! I dunno if theres anything more relaxing than slowly churning a marshmellow on stick over a blazing fire,(I don't believe in the roasting marshmellows over coal method), I like the bombfire roast! So after three weeks of whining I finally got my opportunity! We took off this weekend with Jeremy and Mandy, our outdoorsy experts! Dan and I aren't much of the alone camping type, we really love the adventure but I just can't promise we would make it through a night on our own. Maple canyon is one of the prettiest canyons utah has to offer. Friday afternoon we took off, with just a morning to plan the adventure. With such last minute plans everything far exceeded my expectations and dreams!! The weather was perfect, food was deluctible and the company out did themselves!

P.S. Readers hold on tight I promise I will try a little harder to feature some pictures soon!

6 comments:

linnie said...

Sounds so fun! What adventurous cooking! Can't wait to see you all!

Jodi said...

Sounds like fun. Yes s'mores over the campfire.... yum. I even settle for "roasting" a marshmallow in the microwave sometimes just so I can have a s'more.

Dana Boehm said...

Nothing like a good 'mallow. Have you ever roasted marshmallows at mine & Paul's house? We like to slow roast them over our gas burners. Not quite the same campfire smokiness as the camping 'mallow, but still delicious (particularly when smooshed between chocolate and graham cracker).

CourtneyFJ said...

OH! I heart camping and am way jealous you guys got to go. I never thought I'd miss the cold weather, but I'm finding myself missing that crisp weather in the mornings and my nose turning red. But good ol LA is still in the 80s every day! Baaa! I hope we can come visit you! Paul's trying to see if he can work out a weekend trip with his schedule.

And yes, I am a great wife. One of the best. I make Paul tell me so everyday. :)

Robyn Welcker said...

Hey you thanks for your little note and your support... your such a sweet heart and I to love a good marshmellow....I'm trying very hard not to be jeliouse right now...but it's not working...I love smelling like a campfire that's actually one of my favorite smells....
LUVS
~robyn

Wendy Pippin said...

wish we could've been there...sounds like fun. Can't wait for u to come and cook dutch oven in our campfire!