Friday, August 21, 2009

Where has the time gone????

You know those times when you decide you want to keep a journal and then you miss a few days and that turns into a few weeks? Then you begin to feel a little guilty and you sit down to write and you have so much to say, but feel so overwhelmed that you scribble down a few sentences and promise to do better and then the same thing happens again. Now you know how I’m feeling. 3 months have come and gone since our last post. So much has happened and it seems crazy to try and write it all down in one post, but here I go!

Virginia was an absolute blast and a blessing. Thank you to all of you that made that happen. We had such a fun time with nieces and nephews brothers and sisters and most of all parents. I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into when we decided that we would be staying with Kristi’s parents for 3 ½ months. Well, what I got was spoiled, a ton of memories, all the Thai food I could eat, golf instructions, lots of laughs and the list goes on. We had such a good time don’t be surprised if we come out again. Maybe this time will be a little bit longer though.

After a few crazy happenings I was able to do the sports performance that I was hoping. I worked with Explosive Performance and had a great summer. I worked with tons of high school football players, some collegiate athletes and an array of kids ages 10-14 looking for that edge when they compete or a little more coordination in sports. It was all I could ask for. I also was able to do personal training at a great little studio called Fitness Together. Think about, Dan working out and surrounded by sports. Anyone who knows me can understand I loved my time there.

Kristi took to Mommy relief about as fast as the little babies took to her. She was constantly getting request to come to a home and work with children. She has a knack with children(thank you to the almost 18 nieces and nephews Carver and Fey). As popular and busy as she was she found more time for work. She began to nanny for the Larson family. No small task when considering they have five children 7 and under. She absolutely loved the 6 weeks or so that she was able to spend with them. She gained such a love for those children and they in return loved here. This was evident by the huge banner and going away party that was thrown for Kristi and the many tears shed by both sides.

We also had a sweet vacation in the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We lived it up in a wonderful beach house and rest and relaxed to our hearts content, just what we needed in the middle of summer. Just prior to this I turned 25, I can’t believe that! Right when we returned we celebrated 2 years of marriage, another crazy milestone I can’t believe, but feel so lucky to have hit. Thanks babe!

I don’t think we wanted to leave Virginia and I think Virginia didn’t want us to leave based on the amount of money that we had to put into our car days before we left, but we were able to leave and travel down to Georgia to visit my brother Matthew and sister in law Amy. We had a great time guys, thanks for making it so enjoyable! We saw countless wildlife (gators, dolphins, deer, raccoons, vultures) and ate the best peach crepes of our lives. Then we continued on from Georgia to Denver to attend one of my best friend’s weddings. Eric Bell got married and I was in the wedding party. We had a great time and enjoyed the beautiful temple sealing, ring ceremony and reception dinner. Thanks to you all!

Now were back in good old Provo after spending 3 days or so with the Pippins and seeing baby Luke. We’ve enjoyed our time here, but as they say all good things must come to an end. I have 2, yes count them 1-2 classes remaining in obtaining my bachelors and Kristi got some great news yesterday from her counselor that after her 16 credits this semester and 14 next semester she will be finishing up in April. We can’t wait to see after that where our next great adventure will take us. Sorry for the novel, but it is the only way it can do a little justice for the incredible summer we had. Thanks to everyone that made it so great especially Dean and Linda, you’re the best!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Glad you guys made it back safely. VA (and I) definitely didn't want you to leave, but I'm glad you are all well, and finishing up school. We miss you guys!!

Wendy Pippin said...

I am so glad you guys are back- it was so great to see you guys and it's nice to know you're only a J-Dawg and an hour drive away. I am also happy that Virginia was so great for you guys.

linnie said...

A summer to remember! Love you guys! Mom and Dad

Dana Boehm said...

Come back!!

SORMedMatthew said...

Daniel... you forgot go-karts and a flank steak that took way to long to grill. Kristi got hung up on the go-kart track but i think she still enjoyed it.

Recipes said...

I had a great time guys; you are welcome back anytime!Good Luck with your remaining classes! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy and blissful time. So what's in store after school...more school? That's our route, so far not too bad. Does school ever really end?