Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Antivirus 2009

So to those of you that have been checking our blog, desperately anticipating the next Fey post and questioning our loyalty to the blogosphere consider this. For the last 2 ½ weeks we have been battling the Antivirus 2009. Now this virus may not cause the casual blogger to tremble, but anybody that considers themselves a diehard would quiver with trepidation at the sound of this ferocious beast. This particular virus nestled into our computer stating that we had viruses and that they must be fixed immediately. Well, the lack of computer skills that we possess made this event even more stressful. Each time we logged on we were made aware that now even more viruses had emerged and our very lives were being threatened if we didn’t do anything. After a few days of this and multiple times of being logged off the computer against our own will I gave in. I went to the BYU bookstore and was set that I would buy a laptop. I was close, I had convinced myself. Lucky for me I have a wife with a more rational thought process then myself and when I texted, called, and then called again she basically shut me down. The Mac book would only be 1000 dollars with my discount I told her (I still think it’s a great idea and would appreciate any convincing coming this way). After pacing the bookstore floor about a hundred times I finally just approached the clerk and asked him about this virus. He explained in detail the problem, most of it going in one ear out the other with my head bobbing up and down in agreement with everything he said. Finally, I mustered the courage and when I got home I tried to cure us of this virus. Only this time I believe the virus got smarter beating me to my next step every time. Multiple websites that I called upon to use wouldn’t open and I began to get very frustrated. Eventually I found something on you tube, struggled to understand everything it would do to my computer, but trusting in the wise Indian man’s voice that assured me that it was nothing too serious. With a little faith, and luck I followed the steps and to my surprise it worked. The virus is gone, as well as some other programs, but the virus is gone. Hopefully we will be making many more posts in the future.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Danny, who knew you were such a computer whiz?! Now I'm expecting some great posts from you two! I think that even Sara and Scott are out doing you two- that's pretty bad!

KMF & DSF said...

You are really sneaky Danny! I didn't even know you put up a post!!

Wendy Pippin said...

wow wow wow way to go...

Jodi said...

That was a hilarious post, Dan! Can't wait to read more. I'm so glad you conquered the evil virus even if there were a few casualties in the mean time. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Dana Boehm said...

I wish I had a wise Indian man's voice telling me which laptop to buy. I can almost hear your voice saying "MacBook," but I went Mac last time (the 2002 PowerBook was just so pretty), and I'm afraid I'm not going there again.

Nicole Williams said...

I can vouche for the Macbook!! It's terrific and worth the money!! I'm not trying to be a little devil telling you to spend your money on one but really, you should spend your money on on one!!

paul.fjeldsted said...

Danny sounds like your computer got the asian bird flu virus. Did you try robitussin? and a mask? Bro do you think you could do some programming on my computer sometime?

linnie said...

Yea!! The virus is gone and the blog is back on! Go Dan Go!