Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fey's Motto of Summer 2009, "Fly by the seat of your pants"

I have this man in my life that has taught me a whole lot about how to live life. As I dated this man I quickly concluded that we were two peas in a pod, we were the "exact" same. However... after marrying this man... and living life together... I quickly came to the opposite realization than I did when we were dating... We actually are very different and live life extremely differently. In our first year of being married it actually seemed as though we had more difference than similarities. Just to name a few personality traits that make us so different... Dan is laid back, easy going, mild manner, and very level headed, and Me, I'm pretty high maintenance, a huge worry wart, easily stressed, and emotional. Living life with Dan and watching him deal with things handed his way, I have begun to not only admire him, but envy how he lives life. At first it was slightly frustrating to me that after being handed the same trial he seemed so much more calm and collected, and always came out way on top! I soon realized this frustration was actually me just being a little jealous about him handling things so much better than me. His life seemed so much more enjoyable than mine.

So this past year, especially within the past few months, I have been attempting to live more like Dan! Trying not to map out the future so intensively and not worry so much about what tomorrow has to bring, instead, focusing on living in the here and now.

This more laid back, flying by the seat of our pants, attitude led us on a cross country road trip to Virginia to live with my generous parents! The idea had been floating in the air for a few months, but the decision wasn't 100% until the morning of the day we packed our bags and began our journey.

This new mindset has really led me to better enjoying every moment of every day... I'm not so focused on the future anymore... and what next month has to bring to the table. Life seems a whole lot more manageable! So thanks Husband for helping me put on a new set of lenses!

Now as far as the cross country road trip goes... I think every married couple should do it. It was a fun little relationship building, bonding experience! You find out just how entertaining each other are!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Kris, you are so wise! I love that you guys came out. You both are so awesome you will be able to do well at whatever you fly (by the seat of your pants) to.

Wendy Pippin said...

We sure miss you back here....maybe fly that seat of your pant back this way...it's lonely.

But if not...you guys are great and I'm so glad the road trip went so well.

Katie said...

Living life more like Dan, oh no! :) J/K!
I think it's in gour female genetic make-up to be planners, organizers, and worriers. It is hard to let those things go. I'm slowly getting better at the worrying part.
Good for you! Have a fun summer and we can't wait until you two are back in P-town! Mallory asked if you and Danny were coming over for dinner last night. It was sad!