Sunday, December 7, 2008

They were out to get me!

To start off the wonderful thanksgiving break from school, I got a speeding ticket! Now if this ticket came 6 years ago it wouldn't have been much of a shock it would have just blended in with the 3 accidents and 2 other tickets I recieved in my first two years of driving! I was on my way to rock climbing at the butt crack of dawn, just chatting away with mom along my usual route when all the sudden those red and blue lights came on. As I calmly pulled over I really wasn't that upset, matter of fact I felt like I was over due and deserving for a ticket, my record finally was just cleared last year, and I would hate to look like a perfect driver when I am in actuality probably one of the worst out there, and when i looked in my rear view mirror and saw the cop walking up he looked like a push over. So I was banking on just getting a warning, matter of fact I was like 95% sure it was just a warning! But he had a different agenda, and wrote me up. As i began to drive away thats when the guilt and remorse started coming up, it put me on the wrong foot for the rest of the day. I would have to say it is one of the worst feelings being pulled over, all the passer byers strain there necks to see the criminal, which is a little publicly humiliating, and it really makes you feel so horrible to have a cop car behind you with its lights on!
But if that run in with the cops wasn't enough, exactly a week later going down the same road, leaving the same rock climbing class, I get pulled over AGAIN. Once again not in a rush just going about my business, but this time i had failed to notice a stop sign! The cop was real sneaky, he was in this undercover navy blue, chevy~ When he came up to my window I began to uncontrollably ball, which wasn't staged but definently worked in my favor, or maybe it was the christmas music that i turned up a little when i saw the lights turn on to put the cop in the right mood. Anyways, luckily i got a warning! Needless to say I have chosen a new route to drive to and fro and refuse to drive down that road even if it knocks 5 minutes off my ETA!

5 comments:

Wendy Pippin said...

I'm glad you feel like you can finally talk about it!

The Dotter Family said...

That's ok Kristi. I had a very similar problem and had a terrible driving record, which has thankfully cleared shortly after John and I got married.

Dana Boehm said...

I hate traffic cops. Nothing worse than seeing those red and blue lights in your rearview. Even when I'm not violating any laws, the sight leaves me feeling guilty and queasy. I'm sorry for your ticketing woes.

--kumi-- said...

I am so sorry, Kristi... Just be careful, though.

There is a saying in Japan that goes like this. "If it happened twice, it will happen again."

Yikes!!!

Jodi said...

Oh shoot, Kris! Hopefully not driving for a couple weeks should pull you out of the slump!:) I'll still let you borrow my car, though, if you want.